- Emergency Relief Service, offers people facing financial hardship with access to food and clothing vouchers. (No wheelchair access at this time)
- Breakfast Program offers a free nutritional meal on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00am – 9:30am to individuals, couples and families who are facing financial hardship and/or are homeless. (Wheelchair access available)
- Homeless Support Service works with people sleeping rough in the Broome region to support them to secure and maintain long term accommodation.
- Public Tenancy Support Service works with people who are at risk of losing their public housing tenancy (Homeswest House).
- Housing Support Service works with people living with a mental illness with a primary focus on helping them to secure stable accommodation.
- Accommodation Services in partnership with MercyCare we are now providing short stay accommodation to aboriginal people visiting Derby. This service is being run from a custom built hostel located at 26 Ashley Street Derby that can accommodate up to 54 adults and children. This hostel has rooms that can sleep single people, couples and families.
- Our School Chaplaincy support includes informal counselling and support, the providing information and advice, offering dedicated pastoral support, and supporting people to access other services such as Headspace, Reconnect services, grief and loss counselling, family relationship counselling, court diversion programs, school engagement officers and dedicated community based school engagement services.
- Transitional Housing Program offered in partnership with the Housing Authority and Community Housing Limited supports eligible Aboriginal people living in Broome and Derby to develop the skills, confidence and financial capacity to move into affordable home ownership and private rental.
- Intensive Housing Support Program offers fifteen families, who have been referred to us by the Housing Authority, assistance to move from outlying Aboriginal Communities into Derby or Broome.
- Derby Housing Support Service assists homeless people in Derby to find long term accommodation.
- The Move to Town Program is set up to help those wishing to move from their communities to Town.
Centacare’s Contact details