WORKING TOGETHER TO CREATE LIFE CHOICES
- Emergency Relief, we offer people facing financial hardship access to food and clothing vouchers.
- Breakfast Program offers a free nutritional meal on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00am – 9:00am to individuals, couples and families who are facing financial hardship and/or are homeless. (Wheelchair access available)
- Homeless Outreach Service works with people sleeping rough in the Broome region to support them to secure and maintain long term accommodation.
- Intensive Housing Support Program offers fifteen families, who have been referred by the Housing Authority, assistance to move from Aboriginal Communities into Derby or Broome.
- Derby Housing Support Service assists homeless people in Derby to find long term accommodation.
Referrals and enquiries should be made to Deb Irwin.
- Mental Health Support Service works with people living with a mental illness with a primary focus on helping them to secure stable accommodation.
- Deby and Broome Aboriginal short stay accommodation service. (BASSA) This service is provided by MercyCare in partnership with Centacare Kimberley to people visiting Derby or Broome. Derby hostel is located at 25 Ashley Street and Broome at 8 Dickson Drive. These brand new centres can accommodate up to 80 adults and children and has rooms that can sleep single people, couples and families.
- Our School Chaplaincy support includes informal counselling and support, the providing information and advice, offering dedicated pastoral support, and supporting people to access other services such as Headspace, Reconnect services, grief and loss counselling, family relationship counselling, court diversion programs, school engagement officers and dedicated community based school engagement services.
- Transitional Accommodation Program offered in partnership with the Housing Authority and Community Housing Limited supports eligible Aboriginal people living in Broome and Derby to develop the skills, confidence and financial capacity to move into affordable home ownership and private rental.
- Reintegration Support Programme. This programme provides support to assist those who have been incarcerated into a West or East Kimberley correction facility. The programme aims to better prepare them for release back into the Community/society.